LorAnn Oils and Flavors
LorAnn Super Strength Oils and Flavors
Using essentials oils in baking and candy making:
- • LorAnn’s oils are about 3 to 4 times stronger that alcohol-based extract flavoring (an extract is a flavor diluted in alcohol or a combination of alcohol and water)
- • To substitute natural essential oils for an extract, start by using ¼ teaspoon essential oil in place of 1 teaspoon extract. Some essential oils such as clove and peppermint are particularly potent. We recommend starting with less and adding more to taste.
- 1. All food grade essential oils are appropriate for use in real chocolate and chocolate coating (candy melts)
- 2. Use approximately ¼ to ½ teaspoon per pound of chocolate or chocolate coating. Also ideal for flavoring candy centers and fondants
- 3. To use, add oil to melted chocolate and stir to mix thoroughly. We recommend dipping a toothpick into the bottle and stirring into the melted chocolate. With these flavors, it’s best to start with a tiny amount and add as necessary. Use a new toothpick every time to dip into the bottle.